We are open for business through virtual meetings and teleconferences. Please call to (216) 912-2221 or click here to be connected to our attorneys.

Free Consultation Prompt Response
Request A Free Consultation

Parma Wage & Hour Lawyer

Not all employers in Ohio are ethical or honest when it comes to obeying wage and hour regulations. Some simply don’t know the laws, while others willfully violate them. However, all employers have a legal responsibility to pay employees what they are owed. If your employer in Parma is underpaying you, you have legal rights. A Parma wage & hour attorney at Scott & Winters Law Firm, LLC can help you seek the financial compensation that you are rightfully owed. 

Why Choose Our Parma Wage and Hour Attorneys?

  • Our wage and hour lawyers get real results. We have recovered millions of dollars for wronged employees in Ohio and throughout the United States. 
  • We have extensive trial experience. Our law firm is prepared to take on any defendant on your behalf, including powerful adversaries and Fortune 500 companies.
  • Our Parma wage and hour lawyers are passionate about protecting clients. We are in this business because we care. Your Parma attorney will stand by your side and offer personalized advice and representation.

Do You Need to Hire a Wage & Hour Lawyer in Parma?

If an employer has taken advantage of you, you may need legal assistance to get the wage reimbursement that you deserve. The company you work for most likely has the resources and legal team to fight your wage or hour violation allegations. Going up against these adversaries alone could put you at risk of accepting a smaller settlement than you deserve – or getting nothing at all. A Parma wage and hour attorney can represent you during settlement negotiations or a trial to aggressively pursue maximum financial compensation.

Ohio’s Wage & Hour Laws

Protecting your legal rights as an employee in Parma begins with understanding Ohio’s wage and hour laws. They include:

  • Minimum wage – the lowest an employer in Ohio can legally pay employees is $10.10 per hour, $404 per 40-hour week or $21,008 per year as of 2023.
  • Overtime law – an employer must pay one and one-half times the employee’s typical wage rate for every hour worked in excess of 40 hours per workweek, with some exemptions.
  • Tipped employees – Ohio law allows employers to take a tip credit of 50 percent, meaning to pay tipped employees as little as $5.05, as long as they earn enough in tips to make up the difference to meet the state’s minimum wage.

These are just three of many Ohio wage and hour laws. Our Parma wage and hour attorneys can help you fully understand the statutes that apply to your case.

Common Wage & Hour Violations in Parma

An employer in Parma may fail to pay what employees are owed in many ways. They may violate Ohio law and underpay a worker by misclassifying an employee as an independent contractor, for example, or refuse to offer rest and meal breaks, fail to pay overtime or meet the minimum wage, use illegal tip pooling methods, and withhold paychecks.

Are You Being Underpaid by Your Employer in Parma? Here’s What to Do

Whether a payment oversight is negligent or intentional, a wronged employee has the right to take legal action in pursuit of the wages he or she is owed. If you believe your boss is underpaying you, start documenting the issue. Keep copies of your pay and wage statements, as well as your timecards. Bring up the issue with your employer to see if a remedy can be offered. If not, file a complaint with the Ohio Department of Commerce. Then, contact our Parma wage and hour attorneys about a potential lawsuit against your employer.

Contact Our Wage and Hour Lawyers in Parma Today

If you need a Parma or Cleveland wage & hour attorney, call our office for a free consultation. At Scott & Winters Law Firm, LLC, our attorneys have extensive knowledge and experience navigating Ohio’s wage and hour laws. We know how to help victims of wage and hour violations in Parma. Contact us today to request a free, no-obligation case consultation with one of our lawyers. You may be entitled to financial compensation. Call (216) 912-2221 to learn more.